Pay: Improving federal pay is our top priority. NTEU supports fair and competitive federal pay and makes a strong case that federal pay lags behind private-sector pay.
Retirement: NTEU fights for a well-funded and secure retirement system for federal employees who have spent their careers devoted to public service.
Agency Funding: NTEU is a strong advocate for adequate funding levels for federal agencies, so employees can deliver for the American public.
Work-Life Balance: A leader in the movement to bring innovative programs to the federal workforce, NTEU negotiates enforceable telework and alternative work schedules for employees.
Workplace Rights: NTEU works hard to safeguard and strengthen grievance procedures, which are critically important elements of negotiated bargaining and help employees keep agencies accountable.
From protecting your workplace rights to protecting your wallet, membership in NTEU has multiple benefits. NTEU members are backed by the collective strength of a union that fights to protect and advance your workplace rights and offers exclusive discounts to products and services.
A wide range of NTEU publications and online resources keep NTEU members well informed with breaking news alerts and in-depth analysis of critical workplace issues.
All NTEU members are part of a local NTEU chapter that has experienced and trained officers and stewards ready to assist you. Whether you have a simple question or a complex problem, local NTEU leaders will stand up with you and for you.
As a federal employee and a member of NTEU, you have a right to:
- Join NTEU and take full advantage of your union membership.
- NTEU representation during investigatory interviews that may lead to discipline.
- Be treated with courtesy and tact.
- Training to effectively do your job.
- Have your job expectations explained to you.
- NTEU assistance and representation in pursuing grievances.
- Freedom from coercion in exercising your rights.
- Take part fully in the political process away from the job.
- Work in a safe and healthy environment.
- Participate in meaningful ways in decisions affecting your work life.
Come on down to our office and fill out form SF 1187, or easily join online today!