A. The President’s duties shall be:
1. to perform as administrator of the affairs of Chapter 66 in accordance with the
provisions of the National Constitution and the Chapter’s Bylaws;
2. to issue proper notice calling meetings of the Chapter and the Executive Board pursuant to Article IV, Sections 2 and 3 and Article V, Section 4·and 5 of these Bylaws;
3. to preside at all regular and special meetings of the Chapter and the Executive Board;
4. to perform as Chairperson of all standing committees;
5. to appoint all Stewards and the Chief Steward;
6. to appoint all committee members;
7. to represent and act as spokesperson for the Chapter in allmatters;
8. to sign all documents pertaining to official business of the Chapter;
9. to name one of the Vice Presidents as Co-chairperson of the Membership Committee;and
10. to develop the Chapter’s publicity, to handle special publicity projects and to supervise the printing of the Chapter’s newsletter.
11. To perform all other duties as are necessary to protect and advance the interests of
B. The Executive Vice President’s duties shall be:
1. to perform the duties of the President during the President’s absence or inability to serve;
2. to serve as an assistant to the President; and
3. All other duties as assigned.
C. In addition to their responsibilities as members of the Executive Board, the Vice
Presidents’ duties shall be:
1. First Vice President
a. to Co-chair the activities of the membership committees in their immediate areas
and under the direction of the President, build membership to the highest possible
b. to report directly to the President any and all problems of the members in their
respective areas and to keep the President informed as the progress in solving these
c. All other duties as assigned.
2. Second Vice President
a. assist the President as his/her spokesperson in their respective areas and in
distributing information; and
b. All other duties as assigned.
D. The duties of the Recording Secretary shall be:
1. to record and keep minutes on all meetings of the Chapter and the Executive Board;
2. to aid the Election and Nominations Committee in preparing ballots for officer elections and to inform the members of the results of such elections;
3. to maintain files of committee reports; and
4. to maintain a correct and current record of the membership with the name, address, and dues status of each member.
E. The duties of the Corresponding Secretary shall be:
1. to conduct such correspondence as may be necessary or as the President shall direct; and
2. to distribute literature, copies of documents and other communications to the Chapter
3. to prepare and maintain a calendar of Chapter events for proper planning coordination with the other Chapter Officers and Committee Chairpersons.
F. The duties of the Treasurer shall be:
1. to receive and deposit all funds of the Chapter in a depository approved by the
Executive Board; and
2. to make payments from funds as authorized by the Executive Board, and to
maintain a petty cash fund in an amount as determined by the Executive Board;
3. to remit promptly to the Administrative Controller of the National Headquarters
as provided by the National Constitution per capita dues collected from the
members of Chapter 66 and to send an accompanying list of those members; and
4. to submit financial reports and other reports as requested by the Executive·
5. to provide the Secretary with dues information necessary for the Recording
Secretary to maintain an updated membership roster; and
6. to submit the Chapter books and accounts for audit on the demand of the
Executive Board; and
7. to furnish a surety bond to the Chapter, the premium of such a bond to be paid by
8. to prepare and file Internal Revenue Form 990 and Department of Labor LM
9. to keep and accurate and current record of all receipts and expenditures of the
Chapter, according to accepted accounting practices.